Aces In Yellow

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Let it Rage

I can't wait for break. I've quite a few goals for the one month break we are about to have.

1. Poker (financial, mental)

I intend to practice poker a lot more than I've had a chance to play this semester. I hoping to do so about 3-4 hours a day or possibly up to 5-6 hours time permitting. I intend to play ring games or many tables of SNGs and really work on thinking through my decisions. I also hope to thoroughly analyze those decisions more using hand histories.

2. Mandarin Language (culture and language)

In order to take Chinese class next semester, I'll need to brush up on my Mandarin dramatically. In order to do so, I have to study ch.17-25 on my Mandarin textbook. My Berkeley professor even suggested that I try to study a bit more if I can so I won't feel like I'm falling behind in the class. I intend to do just ch.17-25. That equates to about 3 chapters a week or about 1 chapter every three days. I think I'll have to dedicate maybe three hours a day to this since one of the weeks I'll be gone to NY.

3. Tennis (physical)
I think the most important aspect of any sport is to be fit. Fitness transfers to all other aspects of your life, from your attention span, expected happiness in life and length of life, as well as ability to play other sports. Things like strength training, quickness, agility, eye-hand coordination, and overall fitness will help, I think, to help me live an overall healthy lifestyle. I think this will take 1.5 hours a day if I add it to a jumprope routine.

I have this book on tennis fitness and strength training. I intend to follow it as religiously as possible. I also intend to play as much as 2 hours a day. Despite fitness, practice and stroke consistency is still a must and also keeps me motivated because playing good tennis is such an unbelievable high.

4. Martin Luther King Jr. (knowledge, inspiration, mental)

I really want to read his posthumous autobiography I believe it will help me gain insight onto how to battle social injustice especially that towards Asian Americans. In addition, even if it doesn't, I think he was a great man, and much of what he said has really rung true to me. I'm sure it can't hurt to read about him. The book is about 400 pages. I think that comes out to be about 100 pages a week. With only 3 weeks, thats about 134 pages a week, 20 pages a day, which I'll give as maybe 20 min. to 1/2 hours a day.

5. New York (social, culture)

I'm going to NY. I'm going to eat well, have fun, relieve stress, see musicals, and just thoroughly enjoy myself in NY with my lovely friends.

5 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Eric, I had been out looking for some new information on how to seduce girls when I found your site and Let it Rage. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eric,

As a result of reading your blog "Let it Rage", I think you will discover my site on Acne Scar Treatment will be a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of acne information, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ...

Acne Skin Care
Acne Skin Care Product
Acne Solution
Acne Teen Treatment
Acne Tip
Acne Treatment
Adult Acne Information
Adult Acne Skin Care
African American Acne Skin Care.

We have loads of "have to read" acne and skin care articles in addition to many other interesting subjects in our Cause Of Acne site.

Best Regards

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Eric,

After reading your blog "Let it Rage", I believe you will find the acne information on my site about Cause of Adult Acne to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

Clear Acne
Home Remedy For Acne
How To Get Rid of Acne
Natural Acne Treatment
Skin Care Acne Cosmetic
Baby Acne
Cystic Acne
Acne Vulgaris
Acne Riosacea.

We have hundreds of "must read" articles on acne and skin care topics in our Best Acne Treatment site.

Kind Regards

 
At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Fitness transfers to all other aspects of your life"

WORD!!

haha.. this is Mark Kuwata good to see that you are doing well in Berkeley.
I have a gf there.

just droppin by

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hospital is a place where the staff have more complaints than the patients "PK. SHAW"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google