Aces In Yellow

Thursday, October 04, 2007

One hand with thought process (Lim40/80)

I had J9 clubs in BB.

Roy (super super tight player) raises. SB calls. I call.

flop comes 2 5 6 two clubs. check, check, roy bets. Roy although tight, I've observed him raise w/ AK c-bet before as well as medium and big pocket pairs. He usu. limps the smaller ones so i dont believe he has set.

After roy bets, sb calls, I elect to raise for a couple of reasons. One: I'll have good bluffing equity if he has a hand like AK. two: to maximize my equity in the flop w/ a third person with my flush draw. Turn comes J. i bet, he raises. I think for a long time and decided to 3-bet for a few reasons. One, if he has a medium pair, this is likely raising for a free showdown while simutaneously protecting himself against the flush draw. In that case, I should three bet for value and bet river. Finally, if he has a hand like AA, he is unlikely to 4-bet. And if I just call he likely will actually check behind if a flush comes costing me one big bet so I know ill have to bet into him if i hit flush. And he'd bet into me if flush misses since I'm going to call river for sure w/ my pair of Js in this big pot which would mean i pay an extra bet everytime i miss and gain one less bet everytime i hit. The 3-bet although supposedly seeming to cost me more money actually gains me an extra bet everytime im ahead, and saves me the exact number of bets when im behind. Therefore i elect to get the bet in now so i get the extra two bets no matter what if i hit flush, but if he check river upon missing flush, he is (hopefully) unlikely to bet AA even if flush misses in fear of what i had when i 3-bet river. complicated hand huh?

River comes a blank, i check, he checks his 77 i win w/ J9s. At end of hand, i felt bad cuz i felt like I may have missed a river bet since he's unlikely to fold upon calling my 3-bet on turn. But I feared he had a hand like AA when he re-raised me on the turn since he's a tight player. But even tight players fall into the trap of my image.

5 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://nukeqilyto.exactpages.com/gonyduwe.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

variant3

Tenez vous informé des informations récentes sur le poker en ligne en consultant passion poker.
Vous y trouverez des infos mises à jour quotidiennement sur les sites de poker et sur le poker en france.
Les vidéos et les photos vous permettrons d'en savoir plus sur le poker.

Winner URL: http://passionpoker.biz

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real income.
It gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google